- SPRING 2017 |
- Inspired by his grandfather Antonio Storto a Haute Couture shoemaker who was based in Italy, America's Master Glovemaker Daniel Storto designs Haute Couture and Ready To Wear gloves for Men, Women and Children. A single father raising his 15 year old son on his own, they reside in Gloversville New York, the one time glove making capital of the world. He is the last remaining glove maker with the only storefront shop where you can observe him at work using tools made in Gloversville dating back to the early 1800's and that were passed down to him from previous glove makers. The shop is a tribute to all of the glove makers that have come before him and he is proud to be preserving an important chapter of American history.
- Daniel Storto has collaborated with fashion designers such as Geoffrey Beene, Alexander McQueen, Dries Van Noten, Paul Smith, Thom Browne, Givenchy, Alexander Wang, Adeline Andre, Vera Wang, J.Mendel, Oscar de la Renta, Isaac Mizrahi, Bob Mackie, Duckie Brown, Diane von Furstenberg, Derek Lam, Proenza Schouler and Prabal Gurung.
- While living in Hollywood from 1982 to 1997 Daniel Storto created gloves for Academy Award winners such as Meryl Streep, Diane Keaton, Jessica Lange, Nicole Kidman, Whoopi Goldberg, Goldie Hawn, and Cher. Daniel Storto has worked with many Hollywood costume designers including Bob Mackie, Milena Canonero, Colleen Atwood, Arianne Phillips, Theadora van Runkle and Bob Ringwood.
- The Anna Wintour Costume Center at the esteemed Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and The Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto have made his work a part of their permanent collection.
- Please visit: www.danielstorto.com